Some resources for hi-tech innovators.
- How to make innovative ideas happen from the fantastic Smashing Magazine.
- Burn Your Brochures, about marketing work for innovative tech companies, from Concentrate Ltd.
- 8 Rules for Prototyping: some good checks to make sure you're on the right track.
- Four failures in product development, a few things to avoid, from ZURB.
- Some advice on keeping it simple without losing your unique selling advantage, again from ZURB
- A/B testing your software product to ratchet up usability & success.
- Rocket Surgery Made Easy, Steve Krug's ultimate guide to testing your products with real users, cheaply, early, and often.
- UserTesting.com, one of the best resources to test an in-development software product cheaply, early, and often. Use it!
Promotion & getting your product off the ground
- SEO for software companies, a guide to the most important aspects of search engine promotion, with a specific focus on tech companies.
- Social media checklist, a quick list from Concentrate Ltd. of things not to forget when promoting your product on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn.
- Three keys to being as subject matter expert on Twitter
- What makes some websites successful and others fail? It might not be what you think.